SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

A few issues

Hey all,

I have rather large collection (70,000 + songs) and am having a few problems.

I have updated to Jaikoz 3.8 and am running on Windows 7 pro. Here are my issues:

1. I try to run a batch correct and am still left with a number of empty fields or it erases the name. No musicbrainz id is found and nothing is done. However, I can then highlight these songs and run find acoustic ID’s and it will find all of them and save it. I then try to run the musicbrainz again but it still will not match up with anything. AM I doing something wrong here? This is very time consuming and not very practical for the size collection I have.

2. Problem with Discogs by Track Releases:com.jthink.jaikoz.exception.InvalidDiscogsQueryException: URL:http://www.discogs.com/search?f=xml&type=releases&api_key=xxxxxxxxxx&q=Various Pop Music, Vocal The Frames Lay Me Down (Bonu failed

3. WARNING: Problem with Discogs by Track Releases:com.jthink.jaikoz.exception.NetworkException: Unable to connect to Discogs Server

4. WARNING: Problem with Discogs Candidate Releases:bix restored: the complete recordings and alternates, volume 3: february ? june 1928 (disc 2):bix beiderbecke:com.jthink.jaikoz.exception.InvalidDiscogsQueryException: URL:http://www.discogs.com/search?f=xml&type=releases&api_key=xxxxxxxxxx&q=bix beiderbecke bix restored: the complete recordings and alternates, volume 3: february ? june 1928 (disc 2) failed

5. SEVERE: There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for song 1,455 with filename 19 True Life Blues.mp3: Error:400

I just copied one of each of these different issues but I am getting a ton of these as I try to update. I typically only try to do 1500 corrects at a time so that I can spot problems more quickly.

Thanks for the help

Acoustic Ids are provided by AmpliFIND, Musicbrainz Ids are provided by Musicbrainz. Just because something has an Acoustic Id it doesnt follow that it has been matched to a Musicbrainz Id.

So you dont have to do anything just accept that not everything is going to get fixed. However if you can find the correct release on Musicbrainz you can then use Submit Musicbrainz/PUID Pair to associate the Acoustic Id with the Musicbrainz Id.

Discogs API is a little buggy , and it doesnt always accept perfectly valid queries, I try to work round this in Jaikoz as I encounter these problems.
In this case it doesnt seem to like single trailing bracket

This can happen if Discogs gets overloaded but the important point is that Jaikoz can handle this and continue processing.

Similar to Point 2.

This can happen if Musicbrainz gets overloaded but the important point is that Jaikoz can handle this and continue processing.

Paul,

Thanks for the answers.

Point 1: I thought they were matched up back and forth but understand there is nothing you can do about the services. Are there any other services that can match off of Amplifind that could be incorporated into Jaikoz as an update?

Point 2: I will start checking more closely on the names

Overload: When this happens, I need to re-run the auto-check again on these, is that correct?

[quote=Chi-Town Deadhead]Are there any other services that can match off of Amplifind that could be incorporated into Jaikoz as an update?
[/quote]
Although it is not that good quality AmpliFIND can also return the artist and song title togther with the AmpliFIND Id, I shall be incorporating that information soon.