SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

A couple of features request

Hi,
I’ve two small requests for the wishlist:

• Possibility to block the update of a specific field of a specific track.
    Now you can choose which values ??to compile/update or never update but only for all scanned files.
    It happens that, once SongKong has finished scanning, some values ??or inserted aren’t what i would like, so i edit them manually. The problem is that when i re-scan my entire library to receive any updates those manually modified fields are lost.
    It would be nice if, perhaps through the manual editing section, you could highlight a specific cell and, for example, coloring it or something like that, and Songkong not proceed with the modification (eventually, in the report, the modification that Songkong would have made could be highlighted)

• Possibility not only to export but also to import the spreadsheet of the report with manual edits

Hi,

• Possibility to block the update of a specific field of a specific track.
    Now you can choose which values ??to compile/update or never update but only for all scanned files.
    It happens that, once SongKong has finished scanning, some values ??or inserted aren’t what i would like, so i edit them manually. The problem is that when i re-scan my entire library to receive any updates those manually modified fields are lost.
    It would be nice if, perhaps through the manual editing section, you could highlight a specific cell and, for example, coloring it or something like that, and Songkong not proceed with the modification (eventually, in the report, the modification that Songkong would have made could be highlighted)

I have added it https://jthink.atlassian.net/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-1797, but I would still be interested in some examples of where you need this.

• Possibility not only to export but also to import the spreadsheet of the report with manual edits

That would be useful , and we have added this feature in Jaikoz, created https://jthink.atlassian.net/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-1798

see this example (track 5 or 8 or 10): https://musicbrainz.org/release/2558d9e8-bf93-3542-82f4-59f45a9e5646

“Whitney Houston duet with Jermaine Jackson” i have to manually split the 2 artists otherwise it will be a single artist (isn’t a common word like “feat.” where i can set a rule)

Can you make use of the artists field, this should store both artists as separate values

Sure, this was just an example.
But the “artist” field is wrong (at least for me). More generally, depending on the player, all tags or part of them are read. I believe that this option allows you to adapt the values ??to your own needs and personal tastes and ensuring that these changes are lost with each update.

Another example that comes to mind is “media” field (i use it both as an informative value on my collection and as a filter during listening). Musicbrainz includes many media, but not all, especially the Japanese releases. Therefore i use Jaikoz / SongKong to manually enter the correct value.

For now you may have to configure SongKong to not modify that field, or perhaps a better compromise is to add to the Only modify these fields if empty on the Format tab.

One practical issue with your idea of settings per file is where would this be stored. If stored in SongKong database itself then the setting would be lost when emptying the database or if the database was corrupted, if stored in the files itself then we are now storing application specific metadata in a general music file which is not a good idea.

One solution could be a file that songkong automatically create and update where all these informations are stored so Songkong can read them

Yes, that would probably be the best idea.

Any new for this? Especially to block the update of a specific field of a specific track (i can’t log-in becaouse i don’t have the access at Jira).
I think it can a very useful feature, especially for a large music libraries where it’s very difficult not overwrite manual changes every time you launch a remote periodic update (musicbrainz or discogs) of your library
this feature would also be useful on Jaikoz

I agree this would be a very useful feature. Over the last year we have been really concentrating on bug fixing, performance and installers. As we get the bugs down to a minimal level we can start thinking about some major new features such as this.

1 Like

I have seen that the new songkong release fixes the musicbrainz issue related to release level relationships.
Is the ability to block updating a single field still on the roadmap? There are updates?

On the roadmap but not done yet.

Ive added Implement field locking so cant be modified at song level to this poll What major feature/improvement would you most like to see in SongKong? (which is now fixed)

1 Like