SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

8.3.5 gets stuck when running many musicbrainz lookups

Using an older version on my laptop (8.2.5) works fine on these same files so I know its not a acusticID/file issue.

If I run 1 or 2 rows at the time, it completes properly. 3 or more and it hangs.

[quote=zexion]Using an older version on my laptop (8.2.5) works fine on these same files so I know its not a acusticID/file issue.

If I run 1 or 2 rows at the time, it completes properly. 3 or more and it hangs.[/quote]

Ok looking at it closer it doesnt really hang… it does complete (although it takes longer than it used to and doesnt show a progress) it just doesnt return any results… WHen I then run one of those tracks that by itself, the result comes in as expected. Same issue with auto correct and remote -> musicbrainz.

Made a quick video so you can see exactly what I mean (you may need to maximize fullscreen to see it clearly, sorry about that)

HI, what I really need is your support files (Advanced:Create Support FIles) - please email them to support at jthink dot net

Ok sent. Thanks for the help!

I think its just that it is trying to group the songs to one grouping and match to one release but cannot, whereas when you match one song at a time it doesnt need to do this.

When you match thousands of songs Jaikoz tries to identify random folders and act accordingly, but when only matching a few songs such as in your example in the first instance it would treat one folder as one album.

If you disable Preferences:Remote Correct:Only allow match if all songs in Release matched it should allow these songs to be matched.

There are also a couple of improvements to matching that may make this work without you having to disable the option but this release is not ready yet.

I have such a similar behavior with “Match songs to specified MusicBrainz album” when I try to match one album with a releaseID. It matches sometimes only after the second/third try.
I can’t reproduce it, because when I prepare the support file (cleaning the logs) and start Jaikoz again the album matches immediately.
Next time when it doesn’t match I will send you the whole support file.

[quote=paultaylor]I think its just that it is trying to group the songs to one grouping and match to one release but cannot, whereas when you match one song at a time it doesnt need to do this.

When you match thousands of songs Jaikoz tries to identify random folders and act accordingly, but when only matching a few songs such as in your example in the first instance it would treat one folder as one album.

If you disable Preferences:Remote Correct:Only allow match if all songs in Release matched it should allow these songs to be matched.

There are also a couple of improvements to matching that may make this work without you having to disable the option but this release is not ready yet.[/quote]

You are right! And you know I should have known… I faced this same problem the very first time I used the program and unchecked it… somehow after an update that setting got reset I guess… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.