SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

6.0.4 Resizing File Dialog on OSX

Just updated to the latest version 6 release on OSX, 6.0.4, my first installation of the v6 releases.

Firstly excellent that you have moved to a standard file dialogue. Much appreciated as it resolves my previously reported issue of the dialogue going wrong constantly.

However I now find that I cannot widen the window at all. This makes it difficult for certain screens where the fields are put out of alignment.

Is this going to be ‘fixed’ in an update?

Thanks.

Are you on Mavericks on an earlier version of OSX ?
Can you send me a screenshot as I have no problem resizing file dialog windows

No, this is on OSX 10.7.5 and it’s the main Jaikoz window that will not widen at all.

Just updated to 6.0.5 and I’m still having the same issue.

At the moment I cannot set if a group of songs are a compilation, cannot widen the overall Jaikoz window which means the song info at the bottom does not display correctly and cannot copy artwork to all entries (some seem to be left blank despite numerous attempts).

I’ve attached an image - this is as wide as the widen will go. I can make it smaller and longer but not wider.

Right I’ll take a look http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-803 but in the meantime you have two options:

1. Upgrade to OSX Mavericks, Mavericks makes it difficult to use Java 6, so the priority with Jaikoz 6 (which uses Java 7) is to make it work on Mavericks I haven’t done nearly so much testing on OSX 10.8 and 10.7.5 and if there are incompatibilities on these versions of OSX it will be difficult to fix them. Upgrading to Mavericks (which I think is free) will probably fix this issue.

2. Install Jaikoz 5.6.0, this version of Jaikoz will work perfectly well on versions of OSX before Mavericks so if you cannot upgrade to Mavericks this might be the best short-term solution.

I can’t upgrade to Mavericks as my Macbook isn’t supported. I only really use it now to manage my media library on my server and sync my various iOS devices via iTunes so that isn’t going to change anytime soon.

Appreciate you have other more important elements to work on at the moment. If it becomes too much of an issue then I’ll look to go back to 5.6.0.

As an aside how do I check what version of Java I am running? Could I be on an older version and that is causing the issue?

Missed your last point, no Java comes as part of the Jaikoz pakage.