SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

4.5.7 won't start with custom settings

4.5.7 won’t start with custom settings. I have been using jaikoz on my home system. I copied the license and settings over to my laptop and jaikoz will not start up. I get errors similar to this topic,

http://www.jaikoz.com/jaikozforum/posts/list/6678.page

Nothing is recorded in the log file, but if i open a cmd box in win7 and then browse to the jaikoz folder and run the batch file, it does display the same errors as the above topic. It is weird, because this settings file works on all my jaikoz installs on my other systems, but not on this one.

So after struggling with it for sometime, I gave up and decided to let jaikoz create a clean settings file. Jaikoz was then able to start up. I then brought up jaikoz on my other system and opened up preferences on both computers and manually setup the majority of the settings so they would match. That seemed to work and everything looked normal. I saved a copy of this new settings file for a backup. After I was done updating my mp3s, I closed out of jaikoz. I then went back in shortly after and again it would not start up! Same problem. It appears that some setting in either of my settings files are causing jaikoz to not be able to run on the laptop. This happens both with the executable and the batch file. I tried this a few times and it happens every time. Jaikoz will only run with a new settings file that I do not go in and update all of the preferences on this system.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I will email you my settings file here in a few minutes.

I sent a copy to support@jthink.net

Thank you.

Paul,

Any luck on finding what is causing this to happen? Seems like if it only errors out after I manually update all the settings, that maybe a certain setting or settings combination might not be friendly.

Sorry I havent had a chance to look into this yet.

Hmm. I tried with your file on a Windows system. It took a while to start up because of course it couldn’t find the Database Folder Path, so it created a new database in the default location. But then it started with the new preferences and all your adjustments have been retained.

Are you sure you have sent me the correct version of the file ?
When you start Jaikoz.bat do you get any errors to the console log, also I think support files may give us a clue.