SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

[4.2.1/Mac] Using 'Open folder' multiple times mixes up the live tag data (data loss possible)

When you open a folder, then open another folder, old tag data gets mixed up with the newly opened folder.

If you then use ‘Delete duplicates’, random files will be removed on save. And possibly wrong metadata will be written.

Please, more detail.

Steps:

1. Open Folder
  2. Do stuff. Mostly: run AutoCorrector
  3. Open second Folder

Now metadata from files that are clearly not in the second folder show up here and there. While the file counters show the total amount for the second folder only.

I’m now also missing some songs after using the duplicates removal function. So to me it seems like Jaikoz “found” a duplicate, and then removed a whole other file.

Are you sure you are doing Open Folder the second time not Add Folder, because if you do Open Folder a second time then all current files are closed. I also cant see how Autocorrect would anything to do with this, Im afraid if there really is a problem I need some more evidence to follow this up as I cant replicate it.

Re duplicates, please send your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) together with details of a file that you think is removed without it being a duplicate.