SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

4.0 Beta 2 - Jaikoz not displaying

Not TOO sure, but I might be having this same issue:http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1095.page Figured I’d post it here, rather than in that thread as I’m using the Beta 2.

Anyway, I load up Jaikoz, and can’t see the window. It’s there, but has ghosted UI elements of the other windows that are open rather than displaying itself.

I tried uninstalling, deleting the Program Files (x86)\Jthink folder after uninstalling, and remove the C:\Users\\Jaikoz folder (including the jaikozdb folder).

Logs are here: http://anubis.behemoth.ca/

Thoughts?

The 2nd attempt is just caughtby Jaikoz, and its just meant to cary on initilizing regardless, can you send a screenshot showing the ghosted images so I can understand things better.

Added Capture.PNG in that same web folder…

Hmm, that doesnt help much.

When you run from Jaikoz.bat from cmd window is there any other output?
Try reinstalling latest version of Java

Jaikoz.bat:

17/05/2011 09.31.22:com.jthink.jaikoz.detail.Detail$ArtworkDetailPane:setupPanel
:WARNING: Unable to initilize Windows FileChooser using defaultnull
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.setRGB(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2.getStandardViewButton(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2.get(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.shell.ShellFolder.get(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel$LazyWindowsIcon.cr
eateValue(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getFromHashtable(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.UIDefaults.get(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.MultiUIDefaults.get(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getIcon(Unknown Source)

So… that doesn’t exactly help. Tried latest version of java, 32-bit only, 64-bit only, and both. Oh well. It works on my other box…

That darned LookAndFeel stuff!! it hates me :slight_smile:

[quote=brandonshelley]
That darned LookAndFeel stuff!! it hates me :)[/quote]
Given me two ideas:

Are you running a different Windows/Theme ecetera on the other machine, try making them the same.

If that doesn’t work then a possible workaround is this.

Start Jaikoz on the working machine
Change Preferences:General:Appearance to Cross-Platform
Then copy your modified users settings.jai file to overwrite the one on your other machine.
Then try and start Jaikoz on the other machine, it should work now it is using a different LAF.

(Note the settings.jai file above is the one in your user directory, i.e C:\Users\Brandon\Jaikoz not the one in the jaikoz installation folder)