SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

3.11.1 can't handle Win 7 symbolic links to "Open folder..."

… I suppose it’s not just to open folders, but browsing folders in general when trying to access files/folders on a Win 7 system.

These are Win 7 symbolic directory links, not junctions or other types of shortcuts.

Jaikoz just does nothing when I double-click such links when browsing for files. Ie, it doesn’t recognize this as a directory, so doesn’t add it to the “File name:” path.

If I manually type the folder/path into the “File name:” field, Jaikoz does seem to handle it properly … so perhaps just a browsing problem.

I didn’t test whether Jaikoz can properly handle a subfolder SDL when loading files, but that should work as well.

I didnt know that Windows 7 had symbolic links, this is news to me so i’ll have to readup on this.

MS Technet may help with details:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194(WS.10).aspx

I use “mklink /d” directory symbolic links rather than the “mklink /j” Directory Junctions, but by default MS loads Win 7 user profiles full of “junctions” as a kludge for moving a bunch of standards folders around (and shortening names) without breaking XP software.