SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

2.9.1 requiring significantly more memory?

Paul -

With versions prior to 2.9 I was able to run autocorrect on 5000+ mp3s without a problem. (I had up’d the memory defaults basically doubling the settings in the Info.plist).

With 2.9 and 2.9.1, I’ve made the same memory changes, but with as few as 4300 mp3s, I am getting out of memory issues.

Did you change the way memory is used? Are you doing something that is using more?

Once you get that “Out of memory” error, the whole thing shuts down. Are there logs around to send you?

Thanks
-jim

Ok, after investigating further, it looks like one or more MP3s in a particular album are causing Jaikoz to do something that just allocates more and more memory until it runs out.

The only way to stop Jaikoz is to kill the process or wait until it runs out of memory. Canceling the auto update doesn’t work, it just keeps churning and taking up more memory.

If necessary, I can make the bad album available to you. Otherwise, let me know if there is a way to get logging.

-jim

I dont think logging will tell us much in this case please make the bad album available, that is the only way Im going to be able to fix the issue.

Thanks for the files, I’m not seeing the problem you described. Actually could you send me the log files after all, using Action/Create Support Files.