SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

11.8 Belly on Mac (Intel) - just displays blank grey screen

Normally updates are very smooth but downloading and installing 11.8 Belly (1189) has now resulted in zero functionality - opens OK on the Mac (Intel) but just displays blank grey screen… any ideas please?

Ta Gary

hmm, try maximizing window and then minimizing it, anyone else seeing this ?

1 Like

Yes Ok so that worked - thank you. Minimising the window (or any option to change the size or tile to LHS or RHS) forces the screen to refresh and the normal Jaikoz screen returns. However if you close Jaikoz down and reopen it defaults back to the blank grey screen… little bug perhaps?

It’s related to mac specific changes to use full window, I saw the bug but then I changed the code and that resolved the bug so I will have to investigate why it is still happening in some cases.

1 Like

Hello Paul

I just downloaded Jaikoz 11.8 and this is what it look like after reopened, just a grey window and I had try to create a support file but it say I can’t create an empty support file.
What can I do to fix the problem ?
I had download for Mac M! that’s what is my computer

Regards

Gilles

I’ll make a fix tommorrow

Now believe to be fixed, we have re-released Jaikoz 11.8 for MacOS because of two issues:

• Sometimes main window is blank and has to maximized or minimized to show files
  • Spreadsheet part became draggable in last release making it difficult to copy/paste cells, fixed no longer draggable, (you can still move window by dragging title as in previous version)

To install simply download from website and replace existing version, after installation if you check About Jaikoz it should now say Build Date:24nd January 2024 rather than Build Date:22nd January 2024

1 Like

Thank you Paul - fix has resolved the issue for me (MacBook Pro (Intel)) :slight_smile:

1 Like

One more fix, we have re-released Jaikoz 11.8 for all platforms because of

To install simply download from website and replace existing version, after installation if you check About Jaikoz it should now say Build Date:25th January 2024