SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

1 year subscription of updates for Jaikoz Audio Tagger Pro

Hi,

Last year I have paid you for 1 year of updates for my Jaikoz Pro. It seems to me that during the whole subscribed year you did’n t release any updated versions at all.

I’m pretty sure you will agree with me that I should have rights for an extra free year of updates, given that I paid you already for a service unavailable during the subscription year.

Looking forward to hear from you soon, regards,
Laura Babeliowsky

You mainly paid to get access to the new version which you did, and you would have had access to additional new versions if there were any.

I am sorry but if your period has expired payment will be required to get this new version but of course you can continue to use your current version at no additional cost.

I guess that’s it, probably one less customer.

I can understand @Lababel

1 Like

So for £10 got a new version with some signifcant new features

• [JAIKOZ-889] - Add Song Only Matching
  • [JAIKOZ-1231] - Add support for Albunack Id Matching
  • [JAIKOZ-1233] - Do direct match to MusicBrainz if cant find match in Albunack

thats sounds quite reasonable to me.

I can’t believe that 1 (one) update version out before my 1 year subscription (starting 15/feb/19 / ending 15/feb/20) it’s fulfilling your contract obligations with me.

Can you please tell me how many jaikoz updates were out during my paid subscription period for updates? Zero!

Since 2015 till now, I have paid you already for Jaikoz v8, Jaikoz Pro 10 and for 1year of free updates (WITH NO UPDATES).

I’m wondering what else should I paid? (According to you)

Hi Laura,

You didn’t pay for Jaikoz 10 and 1 year of version updates, you paid for one year of version updates and that provided you with Jaikoz 10. You also made payment to update from Standard to Pro, for your original standard purchase you paid a discounted rate and this was made in 2008.

I’m afraid there’s some English language misunderstanding. I have 3 invoices paid to you: Jaikoz v8, Jaikoz Pro and 1 YEAR UPDATES (from 15 of February 2019 til 14 of February 2020).
I’m not concerning at all about the first two invoices (by the way, discounted or not it doesn’t matter, I paid you for an upgrade from Jaikoz standard to Jaikoz PRO, anyway)

My question to you it still unanswered.

Have you release updated versions of Jaikoz Pro during my subscription period? (15/02/2019 to 14/02/2020)

Just to remind you, the content of this last invoice has clearly mentioned: 1 Year of free updates.

Where are those promised updates for my Jaikoz Pro during this paid subscription year??

Hi Laura

I think you are misunderstanding, the reason you paid for version updates was to upgrade to Jaikoz 10 because your version updates had already expired before Jaikoz 10 was released (in January 2019), without your payment you would not have had access to Jaikoz 10. i.e it didnt just give you access to version released since 15th February it also gave access to the current newest release. Additionally if I had done any other releases in the subsequent year you would have been able to update to those for free, but that didn’t happen.

Hi Paul,
Just to make clear for you my remark, apart from the update v10NGS (release Januray 2019), I’m asking you what update version/s JThink released during my paid year period for updates of Jaikoz Pro.

Legally speaking, your invoice (15th of February 2019) it states “1 Year of Free Updates”, therefore, if you don’t make available any sw update during this subscription year, you clearly breach this contract obligation.

I’m afraid for you that, there will be no courts in this civil world society confirming your rights in this specific kind of legal dispute.

I can definitely afford 13euro as extra fees for new updates, but I can’t support your company when it commits a clear fraude to their own customers.

Yours sincerely,
Laura

The purchase included the ability to update to 10.0, without making the purchase you would not have been able to update to 10, so that is one update and that is why you made the purchase, not for unspecified updates that may or may not have occurred.

When you buy a version period, that gives you access to all versions already released and future versions for a particular time period, but there is no minimum (or maxmimum) amount defined.

If you had purchased a 2 year period would you still be complaining ?

If I had released 10 new versions in that time period would you be telling me I had released too many updates and that you wanted to pay twice ?

I could have said £10 to upgrade to 10.0, and not offered any update period and I suspect you would have still purchased last year. I could have said £10 for 10.0 and minor version updates as many software vendors do (e.g JRiver), but what constitutes a minor version is totally arbitrary, so my view was much fairer to base on a time period so yo know there will be no additional payment whatever releases are released for that time period.

Accusing me of fraud is frankly ridicolous, and I dont think any court in the land would back up that claim. I am kind of tired of working my hardest to provide great products, and then having to deal with an accusation such as this.