SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

1 song folders instead of albums or compilations grouping

Okay, well I would like to continue with solving your issues on macOS regardless but I think the issue you originally had on Qnap is now solved because now songkong runs on Qnap as if root.

ok, but I guess I’ll find similar issues on QNAP than desktop version in terms of renaming and matching, correct?

Please don’t use Qnap yet because I want to resolve on MacOS with another bug fix release using your data to test.

With Qnap you wouldn’t have the filenaming sensitive issue and also fixing files should be quicker because working locally, but yes you may still have some matching issues.

ok, rewriting my scripts in order to separate Albums from Comilations from Single files according to the forum question your mention above but would like your confirmation that they’ll work as expected:

COMPILATIONS:

if(mbreleasetype.indexOf('Compilation')>-1)
{
"00 - Compilations"
+"/"
+ '' + (year.length>4 ? year.substring(0,4):year)
+"/"
+ ifnotempty(album,' ')
+"/"
+ ifmultidisc('Disc ' + ifnotempty(pad(discno,2),'/'))
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ ifnotempty(artist,' - ')
+ title
}
else
 {
     '00 - Singles'
     + '/'
    + ifnotempty(title,'')
+ '('
    + genre
+ ')'
 } 

ALBUMS:

{    
     '00 - Albums' + "/" + 
     ifnotempty2(albumartist,artist,'/')
     + '' + (year.length>4 ? year.substring(0,4):year) +" - "
     + ifnotempty(album,'')
     + ifnotempty(discsubtitle,'')
     + '/'
     + ifmultidisc('Disc ' + ifnotempty(pad(discno,2),'/'))
    + ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
    + ifnotempty(title,'')
 }
 else
 {
     '00 - Singles'
     + '/'
    + ifnotempty(title,'')
+ '('
    + genre
+ ')'
 } 

Will that work?

re-ran with above scripts.

Support file resent

It seems to have worked, but not made major difference. I should have a new version within a couple of days that you can try.

Hi, new version 6.6.2 with the fix now available, please install and retry.

not sure of the result but still got loads of albums in single folders…

new support file sent

It does seem to have removed most of the unnecessary (1) folders and more songs are now in albums rather than singles.

But yes, you do seem to have many single song albums but Im not clear what the original albums were (examples ?) , if you now have various artist albums split over multiple folders when you changed the options to allow single song matching you will probably have to manually put them back in a single folder as it is not possible for SongKong to work this out.

If you have single artist albums split into multiple folders you could just put them back into an artist folder and SongKong should be able to group into minimal amount of albums.

Buddha Cafe
Groove Armada - the best of
Les Negresses Vertes - 10 remixes
Metaform ?? Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants
H�TEL COSTES 1
The conrad shop
Buddha Bar VII
Cafe del mar - Volume nueve

[quote=paultaylor]
if you now have various artist albums split over multiple folders when you changed the options to allow single song matching you will probably have to manually put them back in a single folder as it is not possible for SongKong to work this out.

If you have single artist albums split into multiple folders you could just put them back into an artist folder and SongKong should be able to group into minimal amount of albums.[/quote]

Will give that a try, but I don’t get why SongKong cannot re-work these automatically to be honest…

[quote=macdalor][quote=paultaylor]
But yes, you do seem to have many single song albums but Im not clear what the original albums were (examples ?)
[/quote]
Buddha Cafe
Metaform ?? Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants
H�TEL COSTES 1
The conrad shop
Buddha Bar VII

[/quote]
Okay, I will take a look at these tomorrow.

[quote]

[quote=paultaylor]
if you now have various artist albums split over multiple folders when you changed the options to allow single song matching you will probably have to manually put them back in a single folder as it is not possible for SongKong to work this out.

If you have single artist albums split into multiple folders you could just put them back into an artist folder and SongKong should be able to group into minimal amount of albums.[/quote]

Will give that a try, but I don’t get why SongKong cannot re-work these automatically to be honest…[/quote]

Simply because SongKong works on a folder by folder basis, this makes it scalalable for music collections of any size. If it had to load all the songs and process as a group it would clearly fall over if you had more than a few thousand songs. And remember most songs can be found on many releases so if you had the songs scattered about as you now do very difficult to work out what is the best release to associate them with.

tried to update my QNAP container with the latest version and still get the “New version 6.6.2 is available, now available from your Docker menu” message when executing it…

any idea Paul?

If you go to the About menu what version does it say you have installed ?

We already prioritise the best match for the existing metadata/folder, failing that we prefer albums but it wouldnt make sense for example to match songs to a normal album rather than a soundtrack if you clearly have a soundtrack album, nor would it make any sense to always try to match to soundtracks ignoring existing metadata. An option like this might make sense if you were just trying to match one album, but makes no sense over multiple albums.

So I have SongKong 6.6.6.2 installed on my qnap fine so I think the issue is you havent properly removed the existing version and actually downloaded the new version.

Budda cafe
Is one of about 100,000 releases on MusicBrainz that has no release type, I didnt know about this. So I will add logic to SongKong so that if no release type default to Album if have 5 tracks or more, and Single if 4 tracks or less.

Metaform

Currently you have all these in a single folder of about 100 other songs, /Volumes/Multimedia/Audio/Various/07 - Various Lounge/00 - Singles this needs manually reorganizing by you to give SongKong a chance.

Sorry i cant track where the rest of this is I can only find two, you have many cafe del mar releases and I cant really get a handle on this.

Coming back to you on this Paul as the “only allow match if all tracks in album were matched” doesn’t work, no matter what configuration I set it…
SK still rename single file folders in “albums” or "compilations"and mixes compilation tracks in album folders…

sending last report over and hoping for a solution…thx

How can I use the “iscompilation” & “isgreatesthits” in a script to say that if it is ticked then SK manage it as such?

And can a number of tracks/songs can be specified to prevent 1 file folders?

thx

[quote=macdalor]Coming back to you on this Paul as the “only allow match if all tracks in album were matched” doesn’t work, no matter what configuration I set it…
SK still rename single file folders in “albums” or "compilations"and mixes compilation tracks in album folders…

sending last report over and hoping for a solution…thx[/quote]
I have looked at last report (FixSongs 14) and you seem to have random songs by many different artists directly in single folder /Volumes/Multimedia/Audio/Various/05 - Various Funk&Soul

So its very difficult to work out what is the right album, because in many cases a song can be found on many albums. And you have set SongKong to Rename files based on metadata if Yes if matched to a release or song so it will rename song only matches not just album matches, to only rename those matched to album you should set to Yes if matched to a release, however this doesnt mean you wont get one album folders.

[quote=macdalor]How can I use the “iscompilation” & “isgreatesthits” in a script to say that if it is ticked then SK manage it as such?

And can a number of tracks/songs can be specified to prevent 1 file folders?

thx
[/quote]

Sorry its a bit confusing, iscompilation uses true/false but all the others use 1/0

e.g

if(iscompilation=='true')
{
}

if(isgreatesthits=='0')
{
}

If it was matched to a one song release you could do something, but I think you mean if only 1 song was matched to a multi track release. There isnt a way to reference other songs when renaming a song, but as I say in previous post you should change setting from Match to Release or Song to Match to Release would improve things.

Not going to make a major difference, but this issue is now resolved in SongKong 6.7