SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Two issues opening files...

No, I’m talking about the file filter and not the directory filter. The list of files in an NFS directory come in with some File objects in the array identical to their parent directory. The reason why is b/c this VMFile.list method returns null for their filenames when it sees some characters and then the File.list method constructs a reference to the wrong file. It seems like a bug in the VM.

I saw that code in the directory filter that checked to make sure a directory was not equal to its parent but I don’t think it’s related. See attached.

Ok, I see what you are saying ( but the parent matching check in DirFilter is what prevents the infinite recursion) these files arent being counted in the filename filter, which is just as well because they cant be processed either.

But I cant find VMFile.java in the jdk source, and I couldn’t work out where to look in the open jdk page where is it ?

I don’t really know a lot about java but I found this just googling:

http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/io/VMFile.java.html

It doesn’t have an implementation but declares it “static native” So I guess this is different per java platform/VM.