SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Tag Columns settings for the browser not saved after program quit

I installed Jaikoz version 11.0.3. Since then Jaikoz is not saving my rearranged tag columns for the tag browser window after I quit the Jaikoz program. After I restart Jaikoz it shows always the same set of standard columns. How can I save the rearranged tag columns? Thanks

Are you sure you have 11.0.3 because that was a bug in 11.0 but was fixed in 11.0.1

Same problem here with 11.0.3, always reverting back to default columns and positions.

I have both Jaikoz 10 and 11 installed, could there be a conflict between the two preferences? Jaikoz 10 still works as expected.

I’m on OS X 11.4.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, maybe Jaikoz 10 is causing an issue would be best to remove itbut it uses completely different preferences to Jaikoz 11

Please run Advanced:Create Support Files and email me the zip file created.

I have double checked 11.0.3 on both MacOS and Windows and it is working for me so need to see your support files to see if any errors logged that would indicate an issue.

Received logs from one user and there are no errrors are being logged, can you check that if you modify a different preference and then ext and then restart does it show the modified preference ?

Retested against new 11.0.4, moved columns changes are saved okay but if columns are hidden in main display and then restart Jaikoz the columns are displayed again. Hidden columns work okay if done via Preferences:Table raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1324

Fixed in Jaikoz 11.0.5 Curve released June 9th 2021

Works like a charm! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem - on both my installations (I split my time between two houses, hence two installations). I have 11.05 installed in both situations. Every-time I open the program, the columns have reverted. I rearrange, save preferences, work, close down, open, damn!

Hmm , okay when you say the columns have reverted are you actually moving columns to different locations or just hiding them. This difference is important because differences fixes were required for both although both should be fixed i 11.0.5

Could you also try File:Save Preferences to see if makes any difference

Could you run Advanced:Create Support FIles and then email it to support please.

If anyone still having this problem, then I need some evidence, please send support files.

Hi Paul, I just checked it again. Changes made within the preferences do not disappear after quitting Jaikoz. Changes made directly in the overview window of the app disappear after quit and restart.

Could you also try File:Save Preferences to see if makes any difference
Could you run Advanced:Create Support FIles and then email it to support please

I couldn’t find “Save Preferences” in the “File” menu. I am using the German UI and in the menu “Datei” (File) there is only “Änderungen speichern” (“Save changes”) but not “Save Preferences”

Okay its not available on MacOS because should happen automatically, but could you go to Preferences:General:Toolbar and add Save Preferences from Available tasks, and then try using the Save Preferences option from the toolbar.

Hi, may have found the problem

If you add columns to main display using column control then additional columns not display on startup but changes to columns already displayed that are moved or hidden do work - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1331

Can you confirm the issue is with trying to add additional columns rather than moving ones you already had displayed on startup,.

Hi Paul, I can confirm the issue is with trying to add additional columns rather than moving ones I already had displayed on startup. I moved existing columns and they showed correct after startup. I added additional columns and they have been disappeared after startup

Okay great, well I should get that fixed next week. I missed that because I find the column control a bit annoying to use and tend to use Preferececs:Table:Columns instead to add columns (which is the workaround)

Fixed in Jaikzo 11.0.6 Battles released July 8th 2021