SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to Update or redo the MB information (It seems to be done just once)

Populating the fields in Jaikoz went fine using Update Metadata… .
However I needed song only matches because the were not from a particular album
but received an album match so most of the songs/artist were incorrect. When I looked at Muscibrainz (MB) at the bottom of the Jaikoz window, all the songs had the sane MB release Id and Label (ie Record Company).
The questions are How to Update or redo the MB information (It seems to be done just once)
and How to get song only MB match as opposed to an Album/Song match info when we retrieve MB fingerprints.

Hi, I’m not quite following what you have done please run Create Support Files again so I can check it.

Ok logs not telling me much.

But it only matches song to an album if al songs in grouping could be matched to album otherwise it does song only. So are you saying it has matched the group to an album but it is the wrong album, what is the album and how many songs were matched to it ?

If you want to rematch use Action:Remote Correct from Metadata from MusicBrainz but you need to uncheck the Preferences:MusicBrainz:AutoForma:Do not match online if already have a MusicBrainz Recording Id option.

Sorry to confuse you. Could you indicate the steps to be used to identify random songs in a folder Ie it would be like a folder with songs from singles. Are there any changes to be made in the preferences. Do I need to remove any entries such as “Unknown Album” from the View Panel

I settled on Retrieve AcoustID using AcoustID Server; followed by Update Metadata From MB Id or Release ID and got the following: see screen shot

Except for the first song the data are incorrect, It also says the album is “The Power Of Love”

Okay so Retrieve AcoustID creates Acoustic Fingerprints and then if it is a known fingerprint retrieves the AcoustId, if not known to Acoustid it generates a new Acoustid, but that is all it does, it doesnt match to MusicBrainz. It just pregenerates the acoustids so they can then be used by AutoCorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz as one way to identify your music.

Update Metadata from MusicBrainz uses the existing ids from previously matched songs to update the metadata with the matching album from MusicBrainz, for example the release on MusicBrainz may have added addional info added since originally matched.

So neither of these tasks match your songs to MusicBrainz, they were already matched incorrectly to Power of Love album, I have no idea if this was done by Jaikoz or some other MusicBrainz enabled tagger?

To ignore existing match and rematch to MusicBrainz you need to uncheck the Preferences:MusicBrainz:AutoForma:Do not match online if already have a MusicBrainz Recording Id option and then try AutoCorrect Metadata from MusicBrainz

Thanks for your last reply, your comments were quite useful. In order to see if I could get a song only match from the folder of tracks which are not album related, I did four trials and 3 of them gave song only results. The following 2 preferences were used for all the tries:
Pref 1; For ignoring previous match and to rematch the songs with MusicBrainz (MB)

Pref 2; For MB/Jaikoz prefer to find a song only match

Try 1:
Files Ripped had Artist as “unknown artist” etc per these examples

Then selected the following:
a) Selected Autocorrect Songs, got nothing ie no change in view panel.
b) Selected Retrieve Acoustic Id using Acoust Id server, got nothing - this is expected
c) Selected Submit MB acoustic pairs to server, got nothing - expected
d) Selected:Update meta data from existing MB Id or Release Id, got view panel populated per:

Correct were 3 of 18 Artists, 1 of 18 Albums and 2 of 18 titles
Album Match was used.

Try 2:
New copy of tracks were read into Jaikoz.
Selections a, b, c of Try 1 were done. then
d) Selected Manual Correct Metadata from MB
This gave a spread sheet and I could select the correct metadata set for each track or none of then if all presented were incorrect.

This gave the following

Correct were 14 of 18 Artists, 14 of 18 Albums and 14 of 18 titles
Effectively, Song Only Match was used.

Try 3:
Ripped files using a different software. It gave no metadata except file name per
WhyMe1 18 Tr Isobuster File Name Only

a) Selected Autocorrect Songs, got view panel populated

Correct were 10 of 18 Artists, 10 of 18 Albums and 11 of 18 titles
Song Only Match was used.

Try 4:
A fresh copy of the files used in Try 1 was stripped of its metadata, except for the filename, and placed into Jaikoz.
a) Selected Autocorrect songs. Got the same results as Try 3 including the song only match.

I am not certain why Try 1 gave the album match, as opposed to the song only match, but there were 3 tracks on the spreadsheet that listed The Power Of Love Album. None of them were highest score for any of the tracks. Don’t know.

The best result was obtained with the Manual MB approach. It was at the expense of time and one needed to know something about the tracks.

Many Thanks, Of course I may have missed something which would make the task easier.