SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How big would SK database get for a 250k track library?

I’m using SK on windows10 now with a 13.25TB 250k tracks but I only have a 256gb drive for roon and not much else other than running SK from time to time.

It’s been running now in fix mode for a couple of days and still going. I hope it’s not going to run out of space for SK data.

Down to 30gb free at this time. Wondering if I should dump roon backups?

Hmm, I think it may looking at the screenshot.

If it were me I would stop SongKong now and let it generate report for what it has done, and review results. If yo rerun later it will skip over matching all the files already matched so shoudn’t take so long.

The database is only required during the run, and if you want to Undo changes at a later date so if you are happy with it you could delete the database before next run.

Yes thats a screen shot…here is another maybe about 10 hours later…I think I will just let it finish. Disk space seems to still around 30GB so I think Im good in that respect.

Any way to tell if its in preview mode…I guess it will run a lot faster if I have to run it again without preview on…first run on the PC

Grab 2020-07-14 at  11.28.50

Next challenge is duplicate removals.

Can you opt to select a copy of DSD and highest rate PCM or do you only get the highest rate option with some automated removal? I know there are many dupes likely so grooming them by hand will be an arduous task.

Hi, its not in preview mode, if it was in preview mode it would say so next to Song Saved

inpreview

I am a little concerned that you may run out of space, because once the songs have all be processed SongKong creates a detailed html report and this can also take significant space, so if yo can remove the roon backups before get to that stage that would be a good idea.

I have created a new topic for your Delete Duplicates question - In Delete Duplicates can you opt to select a copy of DSD and highest rate PCM?

Thanks Paul, I’ve moved 36GB off to the music drive for now so that should leave about 65-70GB for reports…hope they are not really going to consume so much or loading them will be a challenge.

It should complete this evening I hope.

No, they should not . The issue is that an html file is created for each album, and cut down images are created for artwork. You will probably look at a minimal amount of the report but it is created in full so it can serve the files to you immediately and can be browsed independently of SongKong even running.

freeing up some older Roon backups from a few years back too…recycle bin this time. so should be plenty of space by then - now more than 100+GB

System finished but error out suddenly so I am sending a support file currently. Taking some time to generate that. If you don’t get it please tell me where to find it so I can send by other means.

@paultaylor Also should I restart the fix process or just continue on to duplicate deletion/moves?

Grab 2020-07-15 at  01.58.01

When you say errors out suddenly do you mean it says unreported error on the summary report, or that an error/warning dialog came up.

Yes as per the screen shot… I came up to check on it and it was done…still writing out the support file but looks likes its almost done maybe…

edit now uploading

Grab 2020-07-15 at  02.19.39

Unable to select a duplicates folder to move things to now. Havent done anything other than select dupes options after running the fix. Files were send successfully a min or so back.

Ok it’s not entirely surprising with such a large library, it maybe an issue with a specific file or a problem with part of report creation. But the songs that have been matched are saved as go along so the fixing has occurred. Will be able to say more when i have support files, but you could check the bottom of the errors tab.

nothing that looked out of the ordinary in the report, mostly empty finger prints to the end… the last 4 messages were as follows

Jul 15, 2020, 12:57:18 AM

Warning:Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 251,899 file M:\music\Tims Music\Tool\Undertow\Tool - [Untitled] (7).flac because ERROR: Empty fingerprint

Warning:Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 251,900 file M:\music\Tims Music\Tool\Undertow\Tool - [Untitled] (8).flac because ERROR: Empty fingerprint

Warning:Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 251,901 file M:\music\Tims Music\Tool\Undertow\Tool - [Untitled] (9).flac because ERROR: Empty fingerprint

Warning:Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 251,902 file M:\music\Tims Music\Tool\Undertow\Tool - [Untitled].flac because ERROR: Empty fingerprint

Its nearly 02:30AM here so I am going to let it sit and see if its still writing things out maybe. and will touch base again tomorrow.

Thanks Paul

That is because you have When you have a duplicate songs set to Delete duplicates, you need to set it to Move Duplicates to Duplicate Folder, but also now you have run Fix Songs you should change Song is a duplicate if has same to something that uses MusicBrainz Ids, not just rely on the metadata because that is less accurate.

Also, I would advise reviewing your fix songs results results before diving into Delete Duplicates.

I am downloading your support files, but I am now out for the evening so will not be able to give you any more feedback until tomorrow.

OK must be just a blur and missed the dropdown to move. So thats sorted.

This is a backup of my full music that is still on my NAS so really an experiment I can afford to use a throw away if needed. I have another more complete backup too.

Go enjoy your evening, I’m off to bed :slight_smile:

Hi, so at about 6.10pm July 14th SongKong had issues connecting to any remote service, this was not just the jthink service but also the acoustid service (not run by me), so I think there must have been some temporary internet problem at your end.

Anyway, this wasn’t handle totally correctly and caused a couple of nullpointer exceptions, that meant these two song groups did not complete processsing. When the report is created it checks how many songs we started processing, and how many completed and because there was a discrepancy (of 42 songs) it reported unreported error. So it need not really concern you but I have logged a bug so that SongKong handles this condition properly.

Also I noticed there were some songs that SongKong could not read if thdy are playable then this is usually due to some weirdness in how the existing file is organized. it would be helpful if you could send me some example files to see if I can handle these better. The full list is shown in the Not Loaded tab, but I just need a few examples of different types.

e.g

• 10cc\1975. 10CC - The Original Soundtrack (Mercury 830 776-2, Germany)\01. Une Nuit A Paris.flac
  • Bläck Fööss\Panz Panz Panz\02 De Bläck Fööss - Achterbahn.wav
  • Josh Groban\2013 - All that Echoes {Target Edition} (093624945772)\02. False Alarms.flac
  • Madonna\Like A Prayer\02. Express Yourself.flac
  • om Scott\Bluestreak (1996)\03. Love Poem.flac
  • Tom Scott\Smokin’ Section (1999)\04. Lonely One.flac
  • Tims Music\Janet Seidel\The Art of Lounge\Pure Music Bookmark.pmbmf\Janet Seidel - 13 - Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying.m4a
  • Tims Music\Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart\Clarinet Quintet in A, K.581\01 Allegro 2.m4a

and also a few songs it could read but not make any changes to

• Alans Music\Andre Heuvelman\After Silence\02 A Chloris - Andre Heuvelman.wav
  • Alans Music\Art Garfunkel\1973 Angel Clare (Sony Music Japan Mini LP Blu-spec CD 2012)\02. Down In The Willow Garden.wav
  • Alans Music\Aswad\Cool Summer Reggae\01. Shine.wav
  • Alans Music\Santana\1979 - Marathon (Japan Mini LP 2010)\09. Love.wav

Would be most helpful if you could send these

I’ll do my best to amass them into a file to upload somewhere…maybe a link on my server or is there a preferred upload location for your end?

at 6:10PM we had an island wide internet outage for about 20 mins that I clicked on retry once or twice as I thought it had come up but then it it only came back to go on processing about 6:30 I think

Thanks for the insight as to what happened - happy to help improve the product with some bug support info

1 Like

Thanks I have reviewed why some files could not be loaded, and why some could but could not be saved. In all cases there was a corruption/problem with the original file, I have managed to handle some cases so the files can be loaded and saved, but not all.

These fixes will come in SongKong 6.10.1

1 Like