SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

File and Folder renaming masks examples.

Hello everyone. Long time user but its been some years! Recently installed the latest version after being sat on V6.

Anyway, I had this post saved as it was my reference for my renaming masks, *im not very good at writing code or syntax so i would rely on other users for that.
I believe the one i used to use in V6 was from sethfeinbergs post back in 2013 in this thread. That code does not work anymore with the new version.

So I would kindly like some input on writing something new that i can use in the new version but which confforms to the same rules to that in Sethfeinberg post because this is how all my folder and file renaming music has been organized since then and i would like to continue where I left off.

Or additionally just some input on peoples experience with other renaming conventions and what you have found to work best for large slightly unorganized libraries. I have quite allot of stuff that doesn’t match on Musicbrainz or Discogs and therefore sometimes the year might be wrong or some other metadata parameters and i dont want everything scattered in different folders. I want to find the simplest most logical method for folder and file organization purposes.

I also used to DJ quite allot and want to get back into it so having an organized library file structure is going to be an important aspect for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I would suggest you take one of the existing masks as a starting point, the name of the mask you r give a good indication of what it does. Then use Clone to make a copy and modify as necessary

If you have particular issues I can help you to write a specific function but your question as it stands is a little too broad for me to help with further.