SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Featured and "co-artist" handling

Hi Paul,
I went to test it on the album I mentioned at the start of this thread (Reasonable Woman, by Sia), and… I can’t duplicate the original behavior :slight_smile:

It appears that the data in MB still shows Kylie as a co-artist on track 3, but SK didn’t put it in the artist field.

After a little testing, it seems like maybe the “When tracks contains featured artists” drop down is affecting co-artists as well as featured artists. I’m pretty sure it didn’t before, in v 10.10 (hence the reason for this whole thread), but I haven’t figured out how to go back to the old version in my Docker software to test it.

With version 11.0, and the dropdown set to “Add all contributing artists to the artist field”, I see (using Jaikoz to view it):

With the dropdown set to “Only use main artist in the artist field and add others to the title field”, I see:

I’m not complaining; it seems to be doing exactly what I asked for (yay!), but I’m a bit confused how… I thought you were going to leave that drop down alone, and that I’d have to run the Scripter manually (at first, at least). I may just be confused - will reread the last few posts.

So, yeah… I said I couldn’t duplicate the original behavior… Of course, I can, if I change the dropdown. Once I do that, I can test the Scripter with the script you provided, and I get:

That is, it looks perfect. And same as the “new” behavior of the dropdown - as far as I’ve looked.

I’m gonna check another album - if I see anything odd, I’ll reply again.

Thanks!

Just ran a test on another album, and I did see something odd. There was a co-artist situation where the connecting word was “&” instead of “and”, and the selected dropdown value (#1 or #3) made no difference in the output of SK, but the Scripter script did move the the "&"ed artist to the title field.

It feels like there’s been a change to the behavior of the third dropdown option, but that it depends on the connector word being “and”. I’m assuming you’ll know what’s really going on :slight_smile:

Hi, okay the featured Artists functionality has not changed, but if you look at your chosen release on MusicBrainz

You can see the Track Artist is credit to Sia & Kylie Minogue, but the Recording Artist is credited to Sia and Kylie Minogue. The Featured Artist code treats artists as featured artists if the join phrase is not any of the following:

• &
  • /

so it would consider artist seperated by & to be co-artist, but if seperated by and it would be considered a featured artist (this maybe wrong but is how it worked before new version and how it still works)

So I think what has happed with your retest is either you enabled the Use Recording Artist instead of Track Artist option when before it was disabled, or you are now matching to a different version of the release.