SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Custom tags

Muso site back up now. You may need to post in the introductions forum.

Updated http://musoware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=387&p=2905#p2905.
Re the comments there on SonKong and scripting, maybe there would need to be separate scripts for “All” and “Classical” formatting.

I have written up how I envisage scripting working https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1189

Regarding Picards WORK field corresponding to SongKongs MUSICBRAINZ_WORK_COMPOSITION field - that is correct, the document I gave you is uptodate wrt to SongKong/Jaikoz but perhaps slightly out of date wrt to Picard I will check.

SongKong also has a WORK field which is similar, but we only populate this with classical works (not pop music works), and it maybe populated from a MusicBrainz work or from parsing the title metadata.

So MUSICBRAINZ_WORK_COMPOSITION and MUSICBRAINZ_WORK are an accurate representation of what is in MusicBrainz. WORK and MOVEMENT are set to the value that most Classical uses would expect

(Re scripting proposal) That looks broadly sensible. OK, it means using js rather than foobar/mp3tag/picard-style scripting, but that is consistent with the filenaming approach. I assume that the full js language capability is available (including, in particular, RegExp).
Not quite how the three components interact. E.g. what happens if you want to rename a field and use scripting: which happens first - do you rename and use the script on the new field or vice-versa? No doubt this and other issues will be flushed out during development.
Happy to beta-test when required.
Mark

Javascript expressions are slightly harder to learn but are alot more powerful than foobar/mp3tag/picard-style scripting and yes include regex, and I don’t have to hand code functions for you its all there from day 1.

Yes, rename/copy happen first, because if do it other way you may not have a field availble to store the result in. But as you say many issues that will need to be resolved during dev.